SHPE National Conference 2013 will take place in Indianapolis, IN, October 30 - November 3, 2013 The SHPE National Conference is the major event for the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Inc.
The Business Development Manager acts as the main plant contact to each in-plant business unit to ensure all change management (commercialization) relating to products, processes, and engineering resources flows smoothly. The candidate will manage and coordinate all improvements within the Plant related to new product development and projects in order to provide effective conversion change coordination, project identification and management, implement engineering best practices, knowledge management and ensure high-quality customer services, utilizing best practices and synergies possible in the region in line with objectives set by Plant Manager and Business Team. This position reports to the Plant Manager. Management personnel share responsibility for legality, employee and product safety, and environmental and quality systems at all times. The Manager on Duty (MOD) on site is responsible for situational leadership until key staff can be appropriately engaged.
1. Ensure the facility Productivity Initiatives, Capital and Expense budgets are managed in compliance with Company Financial policy: Maintain those budgets.
2. Responsible to ensure facility cash flow commitments are met annually.
3. Drive the timely development of projects to ensure facility needs are budgeted for and money is allocated.
4. Provide technical support for Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Sanitation departments.
5. Manage Engineers, Project Managers, and Construction Managers.
6. Proactively review business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into realizable propositions; Initiate creation of adequate conversion product team and assure its direct linkage to customer.
7. Communicate Plant product opportunities and ensure optimal utilization of Plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans.
8. Ensure conversion product launch via adequate coordination, contingencies, and communication; Lead and execute all product related changes, both in terms of product and packaging in cooperation with Business Development, R&D, and Marketing, and process-related changes in cooperation with Procurement, R&D, and Quality Assurance.
9. Manage infrastructure to provide high level service for Operations and Business Unit; Ensure budget is planned correctly and monitor spending accruals.
10. Manage in-time completion and submission of Operations reports and presentation; Manage production consolidation initiatives; Monitor and report all plant KPIs related to utilization rate and project execution.
11. Deal with business unit clients to assure optimal delivery compliance versus demand and to negotiate timing on new product development and promotional activities; Contribute to achieve Customer Service Level (CSL) targets in the delivery of new products and promotions.
12. Manage engineering department in execution of engineering projects, including CAPEX planning and tracking; Assure that projects are delivered on time, within specification and budget.
13. Perform gap analysis versus current practice and lead corrective actions, ensure that best practices are known and understood within project or study team and that identified company expertise is known and exploited.
14. Lead active partnership with commercial units, Supply Chain, Procurement, R&D, and manage communication process for new ventures, product promotions and other major business development projects.
All employees are responsible for compliance with the accident prevention and safety compliance programs.
Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED:
BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Technology)
SPECIALIZED JOB KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Over 5 years in a managerial role with direct reports and supervising other engineers
2. Project Management of over 3 years with at least 1 Capital Job > $1M
3. Supervision of Contractors
4. Computer skills- Office suite and AS400 applications.
5. Good knowledge of technical and financial affairs.
6. At least 10 years of cross-category and cross-functional experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, and Logistics.
7. Experience in managing people and projects.
8. Possess effective communications skills and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple processes and projects.
9. Must possess leadership and organizational skills.